Thursday, August 19, 2010

Who is Brandy Wyatt?

The answer to that question changes periodically. On June 21, 1982 I was baby girl Wyatt in a naval hospital in Patuxent River, MD born to Phil and Delana Wyatt at 12:10am, 10 minutes after Father's Day that year. My dad has never let me forget he had to wait 364 more days to celebrate Father's Day with his first child. Eighteen months later I was a big sister and the definition of who I was went from being an only child to having a brother named Nic. As years went by I have been described as the kid who wore Bert and Ernie bedroom shoes to Kindergarton one day because her mom forgot to pack tennis shoes for the baby sitter, the 4th grade spelling bee champion, the straight A middle schooler, and the girl who started 9th grade with purple hair. Defining who I am has a great deal to do with who I was. To ask me the question now, "Who are you?", generates a much different response than last week, last month, or even last year. As of today I am a 28 year old college student at Macon State College. I am a mother of 2 wonderful children, Damien and Makayla. I am responsible for dinner and laundry and vaccuuming and every other household chore you can imagine. I am an owner of a red eared slider turtle named Nibbler and I guess technically grandmother to 3 fish that belong to my son. I go to PTO and boyscout meetings and we are soon going to add dance and gymnastics to that hectic schedule. I am a loyal girlfriend to an amazing man named Geoff that should one day soon put a ring on my left hand. You can read all day about who someone is, but just have one conversation with them and you will begin to define them in your own words. I define myself as self sufficient, motivated, charismatic, compassionate, generous, smart, and trustworthy. I try to let these qualities define who I am in my daily life and hope that others have the same definition of Who Brandy Wyatt is, but then again, I'm biased!

No comments:

Post a Comment