Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And the countdown begins.....

That first Saturday of September is always sacred for me and my best friend! It begins college football season. She wears her crimson tshirt with pride, and rightfully so seeing as how they did win the National Championship last year, and I wear my black and red in hope that we will have a decent quarterback worth getting us at least to the top 10. I have worn my bulldawg gear every year since birth, my dad is a UGA fan, his dad is a UGA fan, and so on. Christina married into that deep crimson red family, her husband Danny is from Alabama and so is his dad. We are all one big happy rival family. She convinced my son at a young age that "roll tide" was the way to go and he never looked back, my daughter on the other hand yells "go dawgs" even when we're losing. Every saturday we gather at Christina and Danny's house for food, fun, and football. We have Paul, the Notre Dame fan, who joins the mix when his wife lets him off of his leash as well as a few other Alabama and Georgia fans that show up to watch the games. This has become tradition in their household and years ago there was always the possibility of two games being on at the same time while fans of those teams were present. Danny came up with a solution! He added two more T.V.s to the living room for a total of three so we could watch all the important games at one time. We might not have sound if our game is not the popular one of the group, but at least we get to watch it with food, fun, and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment